12.05.2015 - 12:38

The M-1 student visa allows foreign students wishing to pursue vocational or non-academic studies, other than language training, to enter into the U.S.

The M-1 visa holders are able to apply for change or adjust status to other categories of U.S. temporary visas. However, they cannot change to H-1B visa status if the employment offered with the H-1B application is based on knowledge gained through studies while in M-1 status.